Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A Pair Of Re-Vamped Lampshades - Final Cost $1.59


Last month I bought a couple of vintage milk glass table lamps from eBay.  One came with a shade and the other one did not.  I planned, when I bought them, to buy new lampshades for them.  However, after checking out a few stores I didn't find what I wanted.  Not at all.


While out shopping at a few thrift stores I happened across a cute little shade on sale for $1.59.  Problem was it was discolored, had a couple of stains and the glue holding the trim had seeped out along the edges and turned brown.  Not pretty.

I had heard you could spray paint lampshades so I figured, why not give it a try?  For $1.59 I thought it might be worth a shot.  So I bought the lampshade.


My neighbor had a couple of cans of spray paint she wasn’t going to use.  One yellow and one white.  The yellow was nearly full and the white was about half.  I happily took the paint, but I decided I'd stick with the white for this project.  I also decided to go ahead and paint the one that I already had too.  It was seriously yellowed and I was actually planning to toss it.


I started out by painting the insides of the shades first.  Surprisingly, they were in the worst shape.  Once dry I flipped them over and painted the outside.


Quite awhile ago my mother had given me this vintage trim.  Now I finally had something to use it on.



I fired up the ol' glue gun and once the shades had dried I glued the trim to the top and bottom edges of each lamp.  Then I put them on the lamps and WOW!  What a transformation.  I couldn’t be happier with how they turned out.  Perfect vintage charm!


OMG!  OMG!  OMG!  I just love them!


7 comments:

  1. OMG! OMG! OMG! I LOVE THEM TOO!
    They came out great- I am so happy you had that trim! Those lamps are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That trim made it perfect, I think. I think the blue one is my favorite.

      Delete
  2. Those turned out beautifully! A job will done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful and very crafty on your part. Told my son we need to try on our dated shades. Thanks for sharing. Gina.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...