Friday, April 29, 2016

My May Meal Plan


May? What?

How did that happen?

I lost the first half of April because I relapsed and ended up sick again.  The girls too.  So needless to say our meal plan literally fell by the wayside.  None of us had much of an appetite and nothing sounded good.  Plus none of us had the energy or inclination to cook.  We lived off of soup, toast, eggs and oatmeal and all the little things I had tucked away in our freezer that could easily be reheated.

Cheddar Cheese Omelet

The last half of the month was better and we rallied.  I plan to do much better in May.  This is what I plan to feed my lovely family this month:

Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy & Green Beans
Pork Verde Burritos, Spanish Rice, Lettuce Wedges
Cheese Omelets, Toast, Fresh Fruit
Clam Chowder, Biscuits, Garden Salad
Mushroom Hamburger Gravy, Steamed Rice, Green Beans
Hamburgers, Lettuce & Tomato, Onion Rings
Ham & Bean Soup, Cornbread, Garden Salad (didn't make this last month)
Broccoli Lasagna, French bread, Caesar Salad
Turkey Avocado Sandwich, Potato Chips, Pickles
Breakfast Burritos, Fruit Salad
Beef Tacos, Lettuce & Tomatoes, Salsa (didn't make this last month)
Sloppy Joes, Tater Tots, Veggies & Dip (didn't make this last month)
Tomato & Rice Soup, Cheddar Bread, Spinach Salad
Beef Stroganoff, Egg Noodles, Steamed Broccoli
Chicken & Pasta Bake, Buttered Peas (didn't make this last month)
Veggie Quiche, Sliced Pears
Chicken Garlic Pizza, Caesar Salad (didn't make this last month)
Vegetable Beef Soup, Dinner Rolls, Tossed Green Salad (didn't make this last month)
Pork Chops, Rice Pilaf, Buttered Carrots (didn't make this last month)

Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
We'll have two special meals in May as well:

Mother's Day

Steak & Shrimp
Baked Potatoes
Caesar Salad
Dinner Rolls
Strawberry Shortcake

Memorial Day

BBQ Chicken
Pasta Salad
Veggie Tray
Corn
Jell-O Poke Cake

I'm really looking forward to my Mother's Day meal.  As usual meal plan includes that I make pretty much everything from scratch.  I'll make bread and rolls, salad dressings and a few desserts.  Not only do these things taste better but it save us a significant amount of money on our budget.


I have a lot of fresh fruit and veggies planned and we will take full advantage of our farm fresh eggs as they will play a major part in several meals throughout the month.  We will have milk and Brita filtered water to drink with our meals too.  Ice water is my preferred beverage.  We rarely drink soda anymore and juice in small amounts.

Spinach Salad

Any fellow meal planners out there?  Whether you are or not, what are some of your favorites dinners to prepare for your family?



3 comments:

  1. Awesome post and delicious looking meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a monthly meal planner. I get up in the morning & think..what am I fixing today? Somedays when I say -screw it- we will have pancakes or eggs fixed with LO's. Lately it's more a 1 pot meal. Either crockpot or a pot on the stove. I start with onions sweating in a pot with water, used to be oil. Then I will add meat & lots of vegetables. Esp broccoli. Of course lots of seasonings-crushed red pepper flakes! I will call that supper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your one pot supper sounds pretty good and healthy too. We love to have breakfast for supper as well.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...