Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Broccoli Beef


I like to make a lot of Asian inspired dishes for my family and one that we really enjoy is also a simple one too.  Quick to prepare and delicious. 

Broccoli Beef

1 10 oz. sirloin steak, thinly sliced
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water
1 packet brown gravy mix
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbs. oil
2 cups cooked rice

In a large skillet, heat oil.  Saute sliced steak until medium rare.  Add onions and carrot and continue cooking until onions are tender.  Add garlic and stir.  Add 1/2 water and broccoli florets.  Cover skillet and allow broccoli to steam until tender.  Meanwhile stir gravy packet into cup of cold water and soy sauce.  Pour over meat and vegetable mixture, stir to combine and heat until gravy thickens.  Serve over rice. 






I usually start the rice and then by the time I have the beef and broccoli done the rice is done too.  It comes together in about 30 minutes for a fast weeknight supper.

I hope you try this one and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Yummmm!!! I have been on a quest lately to make dishes that I would normally order at restaurants. This is definitely a meal that I have ordered in the past and enjoyed at buffets. Just looking at the pictures... I can almost taste it! Thanks a million for sharing this! I am keeping this in mind to put on my meal plan for next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I order this one a lot when we go out for Chinese. I think it comes in pretty close.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...