Friday, November 24, 2017

Christmas Prep 2017 - Only 1 Month To Go!


Yes, really!  Only one more month to go!

In the past month I have kicked some serious Christmas butt!  How is that for getting into the spirit?!  Butt kicking?  Well, perhaps not, but I did kick it into high gear and I finished A LOT of things on my gift list.  Unfortunately you will need to wait until after the holidays for me to share what all that butt kicking has been about so I don't give away any secrets.

I finished plotting and planning our Christmas menus and am thrilled beyond belief that darn near everything I need to make those meals is already in the house.  Aside from some fresh milk and produce we've got this handled.

I'm excited to start baking cookies!

Our Christmas decor will consist of what we already have on hand.  I do not plan to purchase anything new (knock on wood).  In fact, I'm actually hoping to purge some of the stuff I have and condense it down.  We'll see how well that goes.

In the past month I purchased a package of gift boxes and a package of colored tissue paper for less than $5 at Walmart.  I have to admit, I could have gone nuts in that store if I was of a mind to.  They had a phenomenal and very affordable selection of crap I don't need.  Aisles, upon aisles of it.

I still have plenty of wrapping paper, gift bags, tags, bows, ribbon, tissue and tape from last year.  S0 I'll be making a concerted effort to use what I already have.  No matter how pretty, cute, darling, whatever, happens to be on the store shelves right now.

Isn't this gift wrapping idea cute?

I did my big Amazon order to pretty much finish up my list.  Only one thing remains and whether I purchase it depends on what Amazon has planned for holiday sales today and on cyber Monday.  I will admit that online shopping has been a godsend for me.  I get to take my time, no one is rushing me, I put stuff in my cart and can leave it for weeks adding and removing items until I'm certain I'm ready to purchase.  Very nice.

I've wrapped most of my gifts and plan to finish up the gift wrapping this weekend.  The only thing left is some stocking stuffers which I'll be picking up here and there throughout the next month.  I love that part of Christmas shopping because I get to enjoy the season without any pressure.


This weekend I'll be finishing up our annual Christmas letter and addressing Christmas cards.  I'm looking forward to that.  I really do enjoy sending cards and letters, especially at the holidays.

Tell me where you are at and share some of your plans and ideas for the holidays.  I'd love to hear about it.



10 comments:

  1. I finished all of my holiday shopping today, & stuck to my list & came in way under budget (by using gift cards earned from my international work travel). Woohoo!

    Isn't online shopping the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoooo hoooooo! Good for you! Yes, I love online shopping. Make life so much nicer. :)

      Delete
  2. I met my annual goal of completing all gift shopping by Thanksgiving. I have ingredients on hand for Xmas foods, save a few last minute perishables and will be able to decorate the home using what I already have. Will soon wrap my gifts, using on hand supplies as well. Looking forward to a calm, peaceful holiday season, listening to music, watching film classics and baking some cookies (some intended as gifts)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job! You did great! I have a short list of items to pick up at the grocery store, but other than that we are pretty well set.

      Delete
  3. I'm still waiting/hoping for someone else in my extended family to say, "Hey, let's just skip the gifts for the adults and just buy for the kids." But then again, I hope for this every year and it never happens. Actually it happened once when I suggested it but it wasn't a very popular idea :(

    I'll start tackling my list soon. I have 18 people to buy for. Ugh.

    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kiddos are the most fun to buy for. LOL

      18! Holy cow! That would seriously stress me out!

      Delete
  4. I am almost through and will finish and mail it all by Friday. I have most of what I need on hand for cooking and baking if I bake at all!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...