Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Embellished Gloves


When I bought gloves for the miniature snow men and penguins we made a couple weeks ago I knew there would most likely be some extra pairs of gloves left over.  Each of the colored gloves came with a pair of black ones and we weren't planning to make that many penguins.  When we were done with that project I had several extra pairs of black gloves.  Not to worry, because I also had a plan!


This gift is super thrifty, very practical and incredibly easy.  Minimal skills and supplies are required for this project and you can complete it in a short amount of time too.  So grab your button jar, or somebody else's, a spool of thread and a needle.


I dug through the jar to come up with four matching pair of buttons that would be complimentary to these gloves.  I laid a pair on the table thumb to thumb so I'd be sure and put the buttons on the correct sides.  Then I centered one of the buttons on the cuff and stitched them.  Simple as that!


You could do two smaller buttons one on top of the other or side by side.  That would be really cute.  Brightly colored buttons would be fun too.  My goal was to use up what I already had on hand and make it a quick project.  Which it was.  I whipped all four of these out in thirty minutes.  Most of my time was literally spent sorting through and choosing my buttons.

Wrap in tissue and place in a pretty gift box and you are all set to go!

I, personally, like to keep things pretty simple, but you could certainly go further than I did and add bows or sparkly stuff.  Even some trim or faux fur would be nice.  If you embroider, you could add your own unique designs, something I may do when I have a little more time.  The neat thing about this is you are only limited by your own imagination.


So have fun with it and feel free to share with me what you make.  I'd love to see what you do.



6 comments:

  1. these are great...I've been collecting mitten ideas and will share when they are stitched...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute! I am going to do a few pair like that to keep on hand for those random gifts I need but forget about!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...