Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Freezer Clean Up - Week #2


Sunday I pulled out all kinds of odds and ends from the freezer as well as a quiche I'd made as an extra when I first started meal prepping.  I put that in the refrigerator to thaw.  Since I went to a friend's for dinner that night the girls stayed home to do homework and polished off the leftovers from the previous week.  They had plenty to choose from and made a mini smorgasbord for themselves to reheat in the microwave.

Sausage, mushrooms & Swiss cheese

Monday - Baked the quiche and made a salad to go with it.


Tuesday - We had an open package of hotdogs in the refrigerator so I pan fried those and served them with boxed macaroni and cheese from the pantry and leftover salad.  Not really my favorite meal but it filled the void and the girls enjoyed it.


Wednesday - We found a really interesting pasta recipe on Facebook (I shared the post) and decided to give it a try.  We had the ingredients on hand to make a chipotle red pepper pasta and boy was it good!  It was a great way to use up the leftover cream I had in the fridge.  We served that with another green salad.


Thursday - I pulled out a frozen pizza crust I had in the deep freezer and made a quick pizza with spaghetti sauce, canadian bacon and  turkey sausage I had in the kitchen freezer and some leftover pizza blend cheese and leftover black olives.  We made another salad to go with it.


Friday - We went out to dinner at Red Robin to use the girl's free birthday meal coupons.  Yuuum!


Saturday - I took a container of ham broth and a container of pork dripping (fat removed) out of the freezer and made a delicious white bean soup.  Another big salad to go with our soup and we were all set.

Super easy week and I was happy to use up all those odds and ends of things that might otherwise have gone to waste.  Plenty of leftovers to keep us in lunches too.  Leftover leftovers.

Still looks to me like there is a lot of stuff still in there!

This week is Thanksgiving and since the girls are off from school I didn't need to do any real meal prepping for the week.  However, we'll be right back in the swing of things the next week so I'll start meal prepping again on Sunday.  I am actually really looking forward to it!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday tomorrow!  Happy Thanksgiving!



2 comments:

  1. I've done a good job of stocking the freezer, so now I'm almost out of space. Time to start eating some of those yummy freezer meals. :-)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! Happy Thanksgiving to you all as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...