Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Meals We Prepped #12


Week 12!  Three months of meal prepping already!

Sunday morning I reworked our menu to include some things I hadn't cooked in weeks before and to better use what I already have on hand.  It didn't take long and I also didn't need to do much in the way of prep work.

 I made the rice dish I had planned to cook the week before.  I ended up reworking that recipe a bit as well as I had forgotten that dirty rice includes chicken livers and I'm not a fan.  So I created my own version of "Dirty Rice" and the girls loved it.



I placed two cups of chicken broth and two cups of water into my large pot I like to cook rice in.  I then added two teaspoons of Cajun spice, a heaping teaspoon of garlic, a bay leaf, some chopped onion, two stalks of chopped celery and half of a bell pepper chopped.  Once that came to a boil I added two cups of white rice, turned the heat to medium and let it simmer for 6 minutes with the lid on loosely.  Then I turned off the heat and put the lid on tight and let it sit on the hot burner for 20 minutes.



I removed sausages from the casings and browned them in the walk.  My youngest stepped in at this point to cook the sausage for me so I could make a salad to go with it.  Once the sausage was cooked and the rice had finished I combined the two and it was done.



Sunday - "Dirty Rice" and a nice garden salad.


Monday - The oldest had leftover Sunday breakfast, biscuits and gravy, then I dropped her off at a meeting.  The youngest and I went to Del Taco for our "date" night.  I had planned to do this with her earlier in the month but this was the first break in our schedule.

Tuesday - We celebrated Halloween at the Olive Garden.


Wednesday - Super easy!!  We reheated our leftovers from Olive Garden.

Thursday - Cheese Omelets were on the plan, but I added some sauteed veggies and topped them with salsa.  Delicious!


Friday - The youngest had a bowling party with her fellow cheerleaders and they all had pizza.  My oldest babysat and the mom ordered in a pizza.  I was left on my own.  I stopped in at Burger King for a chicken sandwich (I had a coupon, of course).


Saturday - Saturday the girls made the Chicken Pesto Pasta for a late lunch.  The oldest was at a sleepover so the youngest and I made a snack later in the evening and called it good as neither of us was very hungry.

Hot cocoa

I'd say I got off pretty easy as far as my cooking duties were concerned, which was great as this has been our busiest week by far with a lot of stuff going on.  I only made three of the five meals from the plan.  My next meal plan is going to be pretty interesting as we are doing a clean out the kitchen freezer week.  I'll let you know what we come up with for meals next week.



4 comments:

  1. You guys always have such a variety of meals. I seem to get stuck in a rut and make the same ole, same ole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get stuck in a rut too, especially this past summer. Once we got back to meal planning it pulled us out of that. :0)

      Delete
  2. I'm not even hungry and I am drooling!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...