Thursday, November 4, 2021

A $30 Bonus Prep

 


Most of my prepping in 2021 has been done using any extra cash I may happen to have on hand.  In October I found myself with an extra $30 I could use to add to our prepper pantry.  I went to a couple of different stores and came up with a nice selection of items that were on sale and at a really good price.  At Albertson's I picked up two packages of toilet paper for $3.95 each, four cans of tomatoes for 59¢ each, 5 cake mixes and 5 brownie mixes for 99¢ each and another package of the sanitizing wipes for FREE.  At Dollar Tree I picked up a bottle of bleach, 4 cartons of chicken broth and 4 more of the dehydrated hash browns.  You can get an eight pack of these hash browns at Costco for even less, however since I don't have a Costco card the dollar store or Wal-Mart is my best bet.

 


Baking mixes are good to have on hand.  A sweet treat once in awhile is nice and I tend to bake goodies to take into work fairly regularly.  A pan of brownies, some cupcakes or a quick batch of cake mix cookies is a nice way to make a quick little gift for someone too.  Not a bad haul for $30.  What have you prepped lately?

 

4 comments:

  1. Great deals! You do such a good job stocking up. I'll have to see if we have those potatoes. I love hashbrowns, but haven't bought those before so will have to check them out. Thanks.
    I'm going to try to get some canned tomatoes at kroger this week for .50 each when you buy 10. I use canned tomatoes a lot in the fall/winter in soups/stews/chilis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got through a lot of tomatoes too. I was really happy to have the chance to stock up on them. I hope you find the hashbrowns. :o)

      Delete
  2. You did great! Do you use the Ibotta app? If so, they are doing the free Thanksgiving dinner again this year (from WalMart). I did mine on Tuesday and got my $25 back before I even got home. I was able to find all the items in stock except the store-brand cranberry sauce, so that was a great freebie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so impressed by that. If I didn't already have my holiday dinner in the cupboard I'd seriously consider it. I don't use Ibotta, but I do Fetch.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...