Friday, November 12, 2021

Christmas Gifts This Year

 


I haven't posted much about Christmas preparations or gifts this year.  I love to make, purchase and give gifts to my family and my friends.  With all that has gone on in the world the past two years and with our family personally we've put a lot more thought into what is truly important to us these days.  I can tell you right now, it isn't objects.  It's time spent with our loved ones. 

My very best friend is in the end stages of ovarian cancer.  She has been fighting this battle for five years now and it is truly a miracle that she was able to.  Initially she was given six months, but her positive attitude and flat out determination has allowed her to have more time with her family and her friends.  But, she's grown weary and the cancer is winning.  None of us, including her, have ever been under the notion she could beat this.  She just wanted as much time as the Lord was willing to allow.  We are blessed for the time she has been able to have and as she and I have discussed, there is more that awaits us beyond the here and now. 

The truest treasures in our lives are the people in them.  Quality time spent together making memories.  Laugh a lot.  Hug each other.  Don't let the opportunity to say "I love you" pass by.  Spread joy.  Lend a helping hand.  Put aside your differences.  Forgive.  Decorate.  Light candles.  Bake cookies and share them with others.  Give to a charity or the food pantry.  Smile at strangers.  Hold the door open.  Say hello.  Be kind.

The greatest gift we can give others is the best parts of us.

 

12 comments:

  1. It’s sad that it takes things like this to remind us, but so totally true. I pray for a very special holiday season for you all. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless your friend, you and your families. You've shared the most valuable life lessons possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you have written is so true You have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry your friend has cancer. It is a blessing that she has had more time with loved ones. When my son died in his sleep last March one thing I was thankful for was that I got to spend the last year with him living in the same town as me. We got one more Christmas and lots of other good memories and hugs. Always say I love you to those you love - Always. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! A very timely reminder of what is truly important.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...