Monday, November 15, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Wow!  Another week zoomed right by.  It seriously is a blur to me.  I was pleased to see some of the drama at work die down, especially with the federal court of appeals putting a stay on the vaccine mandate.  That mandate was seriously like someone trying to put a fire out with gasoline.  Holy Moses!  But this past week was much better.  I was able to put in a few hours of overtime and get caught up for the first time since I returned from Minnesota.  It feels really good.  We even got some good news in that our department was finally given the go ahead to hire another person, however with the current employee shortage when we will be able to fill that position is anyone's guess.  But it is definitely a start in the right direction.

 

We have seriously been enjoying the homemade yogurt

By Friday evening the girl and I were both wiped out.  She fell asleep on the couch and I was having a hard time keeping my open in my recliner.  I ended up going to bed at a quarter of nine and was asleep the moment my head hit the pillow.  Neither one of us even ate dinner.  That's a lot of tired.

 

We are ready for the holidays and well into next year

Saturday I was up well before dark and ready to start my day after a restful night's sleep.  As soon as it was warm enough I headed outside with my leaf blower to work on the next section of our yard and get it all cleaned up.  I filled our bin to the top with leaves and yard debris and then headed indoors for some brunch and a rest.  Then I got my second wind and I ended up emptying out our prepper pantry and doing a complete reorganization of that.  I was on a roll so I did the same thing with our kitchen pantry and by the time that one was all tidied up and organized I was completely done for the day.  Canned goods are heavy!  But I did it and it felt great!!

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Leftovers, taco soup & cornbread, egg roll in a bowl, hamburger mushroom gravy & rice.

 

Love this!

THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Vacuumed & mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Scrubbed & bleached sink, vacuumed & mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom -  Scrubbed tub & sink, bleached tiles, vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - One large load of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & mopped both entryways.

 

And this!

THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  Washed out a few Ziploc bags and reused them.  I didn't do any grocery shopping other than to have my daughter pick up our weekly freebie offers after she got done with work.

 

And this too!

THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  Worked a few hours of overtime, which I have big plans for that extra income. 

How was your thrifty week?

 

4 comments:

  1. Pantry organizing is a never-ending chore, isn't it? It's a good one to have- I'm thankful to have that much food, definitely!- but rearranging it to make room for different items or to not have things scattered all over or in a better place is an ongoing task!

    I tidied up the basement today in twenty minutes (plus a few extra minutes; I never count the time it takes me to take my recycling and garbage out). It already looks a LOT better down there, so I'm a little happier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind that "chore" at all. :o)

      Good work on the basement. Feels good, doesn't it?

      Delete
  2. As someone who has an autoimmune disease, I'm thrilled that my work requires a vaccine. It makes me feel safe(r) coming to the office. That said, I work in an area where vaccine uptake was already very high, and I'm not personally picking up a bunch of work from folks who are not getting vaccinated/coming to work. That sounds like it would be really difficult.

    I also make it a point not to talk about vaccination mandates & the like at work, because it's such a heated topic, regardless of where you stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a subject that people have a very strong opinion about, that's for sure. I see both sides and support freedom of choice. However, at the end of the day, I've done what is best for me and my family so any mandates are pretty much a non issue for us.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...