Thursday, November 18, 2021

An Albertson's Prep

 


Albertson's had some good buys and they had food on their shelves so I picked them for my latest prep.  I don't know what it is about Albertson's but as far as shortages go they seem to be the least affected.  You just have to be willing to pay their prices.  I'm a thrity shopper so to do all my shopping there would be a complete budget buster.  However, they do have some great sales and offer a lot of freebies.  I'm all in on the good bargains.

 

I added more canned soups & pasta

My daughter requested ramen

On this particular week it was canned goods and I just so happen to be in the market for some of those to bolster the prepper pantry.  Last year we topped it up with the basic necessities and a few extras.  This year I'm all about maintenance and adding in more of the extra items that make our culinary lives so much nicer.

 

We use a lot of canned tomatoes

Don't forget about the sweet treats

I added twelve more canned soups (49¢ each), six more canned tomatoes (59¢ each), six packages of pasta (69¢) each, a case+  (30ct) of assorted ramen (20¢ each), two more cake mixes and two tubs of frosting (99¢ each), four more packages of baking chips ($1.79 each) and another FREE (digital coupon) package of sanitizing wipes.  Not a bad little haul and great items to enhance and round out what I already have.  And really good prices too! 😁

 


3 comments:

  1. Those are good stock up prices. I agree with you about Albertsons-good sales but who in their right mind shops there for everything. We actually just have Safeway now, Albertsons bought them out and closed the Albertsons, keeping the two Safeway’s. Albertsons has ruined Safeway. They are always out of sale items, things don’t ring up right. It is what it is though, and I still go there for their sales. I used to buy all my meat there but we bought a beef a couple months ago so I don’t buy much meat these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great price for canned tomatoes! Pre-pandemic, we used to have 28 ounce cans on sale for a dollar all the time (and I had a HUGE stash of them!). I haven't seen them at that price here since the pandemic (there was also a bad crop this year, so prices aren't expected to go down), which is a bummer. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...