Monday, November 22, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Early Sunday morning my daughter had her final driving test and she passed!  Was there any doubt?  I mean she has had a great instructor (me) all this so how could she not?  Hee, hee, hee.  I am super proud of her.  With her 18th birthday only ten days away we will hang onto her test and wait until that morning to get her license, otherwise she just has to turn around and go get it renewed on her birthday anyway.  No point in doing that and wasting our time and money.  So we have an appointment at the DMV bright and early that morning at 7:00 to get the job done and then I get to turn her loose.

 


After her driving test we ran a few errands before she had to go to work.  I had to pick up a prescription and while I was there I picked up cheese that was on sale and some markdown meat I found at a good price.  After dropping the girl off at work I stopped at Fred Meyer on the way home for a quick produce shop and to pick up cake mixes on sale for 75¢ each.

 


I baked and frosted cupcakes to take into work for an employee celebration.  I had everything I needed on hand in my pantry to accomplish this task.  Again this week the drama has been much better and morale seems to be much improved as well.  I'm hoping at least through the holidays things continue on an even keel.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Leftovers from the week before, Italian sausages w/pasta, beef & bean burritos, turkey burgers & fries, lentil soup & baking powder biscuits, salads.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Vacuumed & spot mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - two large loads of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  I gave my daughter a haircut.  I washed out a quart size and a gallon size bag to reuse.

 

I got another one of these for FREE

THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I worked a couple hours of overtime.  I also sold something from my Etsy store.

 

How was your thrifty week?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...