Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Our Thanksgiving Menu Plan

 


My favorite holiday is coming up and I am so excited!  I love Thanksgiving and all that it stands for - Gratitude, Family, Celebration, Love, Happiness.  And really good food!  I have a four day weekend, as do a lot of people, and per my usual I will be cooking and baking our holiday meal as well as using the rest of my weekend to prepare for the next holiday which is of course Christmas.  But until then my main focus is our holiday meal and the day itself.

 

Roasted Chicken & Gravy

Mashed Potatoes & Dressing

Roasted Mixed Vegetables

Rolls & Butter

Olives & Pickles

Cranberry Sauce

Fruit Salad

Pumpkin Pie & Whipped Cream

Gingersnaps

 

Wine & Sparkling Cider

Coffee & Tea

 

We are not going to do a turkey this year.  It will just be me and the girls this time, which we are all three very much looking forward to, and we felt we wanted to scale back a bit this year as far as the main course.  We'll still have all the trimmings and desserts as well as loads of leftovers to enjoy through the weekend.

 


I will lay the table with my grandmother's lace tablecloth and her beautiful china as well as my great grandmother's silver flatware.  My grandmother's glassware and my "new" set of vintage wine glasses I got last year for a variety of beverages.  A simple set of taper candles will be our centerpiece to finish it off nicely.  Elegant and understated, just how I like it.

 

What are your plans for the holiday?

 

 

6 comments:

  1. And of course, the turkey with the butthole...

    We won't be with our daughters and son Thanksgiving -- too far away, and they all have to work. But they are coming the week after, for a few days. I am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the butthole turkey.

      I'm glad you will be with your family. Thanksgiving can be any day and to a certain extent every day. :0)

      Delete
  2. We are having a turkey breast since I don't like the dark meat and a turkey is heavy for me to lift. It will be the two of us with all the trimmings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I saw the top picture, I said, "It's the butthole turkey" LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...