Monday, November 8, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Sunday was quietly spent at home doing laundry, a little bit of housework, yogurt making and cooking.  I watched some television and did quite a bit of writing too.  We had nice sunny weather for the most part and out every window I could see the trees with all their leaves changing colors.  I love days like that.  It was absolutely perfect.

 


I had a crazy busy workweek and before I knew it Friday was here.  TGIF!!!  Yes, there is still drama and yes more people have tendered their resignation.  With the latest OSHA vaccine mandate that came down on Thursday I fully expect to see a lot more resignations handed in as a great number of my fellow employees have a very strong opinion about being forced to do something they don't want to do.  This could get a touch ugly. I don't even know what to make of it all right now.  One thing I do know is I have no plans to get swept up in all the upset and mayhem.

 

Lemon pepper chicken, baked potato & a green salad

Saturday morning the youngest and I ran a couple errands, stopped by for a quick visit with friends and then home to do a big rake up and tidy of our front yard.  We also tidied up the garage and organized all the cat food and chicken feed we bought that morning.  Everything looks neat and tidy and as far as our animals are concerned we are pretty much winter ready.

 

Homemade yogurt with sliced strawberries

THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Leftovers from the week before, lemon pepper chicken, tacos, hamburgers & fries.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Vacuumed & mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Tidied up the inside of the refrigerator, vacuumed & mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Cleaned mirror, cleaned mirrored closet doors, vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - One large load of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & mopped both entryways.

 

I batch cooked some black beans for the freezer

THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  We are only using our fireplace and one infrared heater (which doesn't come on very often right now) to take the morning chill off and keep our home comfortable.  I washed a Ziploc bag out to reuse.  I gave our kitchen scraps and some pan drippings to the chickens.  We ate our leftovers and had no food waste last week.

 

Even our apple cores go to the chickens

THINGS I DID TO EARN EXTRA $$:  I worked some overtime and sold two dozen eggs to a friend.

 

We did some more prepping
Check back tomorrow to hear more about that!

How was your thrifty week?

 

4 comments:

  1. I admire the way you slowly and steadily increase your preparedness. You make the important point that it can be done affordable and without an extravaganza of effort. Thank you for the reminder to keep focused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list of what you cleaned in 15 minutes or less; it's amazing what we can get done in such short chunks of time. My daughter's room is currently a disaster (and far beyond what she could be expected to handle at 7.5 years; she gets overwhelmed easily and ends up just kind of playing if I send her in there to clean it up), so I set a timer for twenty minutes today and attacked it. There actually WAS a floor under all that mess, and a few more twenty minute sessions throughout the week should have it in much better shape- plus it's a lot easier on my bad back if I'm only in there crawling around on the floor for short chunks of time.

    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to look into my daughter's room. It's bad, but she will be going off to college next summer so I will deal with it then. Yikers! LOL

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...