Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Baja Tacos

 


I recently purchased a seven pound pork roast.  I sliced half of it into pork chops and the rest of it with the bone was placed in my slow cooker on low overnight.  In the morning I removed the meat and strained the juices that were left.  The next day I removed the layer of fat from the juices and gave it to the chickens.  What remained went into a freezer container to use later in a recipe.  The roast was very tender and shredded easily with a fork.  I put the shredded pork into two cup freezer containers to make quick and easy meals with.  One of those meals ended up as some really amazing tacos.

 

Baja Tacos 

2 cups cooked, shredded pork

1 small can diced chiles

1 tsp ground cumin

1 Tbs minced garlic

Salt & pepper, to taste

 

In a skillet heat the pork with the chiles and seasonings.  Serve with tortillas, shredded lettuce, cheese and sour cream.

 

It is that easy and boy are these ever flavorful and delicious.  I used corn tortillas but you could also do flour.  Some black beans are nice.  This would be wonderful on top of a salad too.  Oh my goodness, give these a try and let me know what you think.  We absolutely love them.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. No chilis for me. But, a little tomato in there is my taste. The pork roast sounds delicious. What cut did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks delicious. We made a big pot of chili last night. So perfect for these cooler days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious!
    I think my son could eat tacos every day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is timely! I had pulled pork out of the freezer for dinner. I just made this.

    LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thank you so much for sharing :-) I get tired of sliders or just pulled pork on a plate all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was definitely a nice change. I'm so glad you liked it too. :o)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...