Wednesday, November 24, 2021

November $100 Grocery Budget 2021

 


Last month I had some extra money and the sales were really good on items I had for my November shopping list so I did most of my shopping for this month in October.  Even by doing that I was only over budget by $22.59 leaving me with only $77.41 to spend on groceries.  Turns out that was more than enough.  We didn't need very much so I didn't purchase very much.

 

Fresh produce & a few items that we will actually use next month

Our nonfood budget included replacing the two packages of toilet paper we had used from our prepper pantry and a very large bag of dry cat food purchased at the feed store for our kitties.  That bag should last them well into the new year.  I spent a total $23.89 of our $25 budget.

 

Markdown produce & a good buy on 10# of potatoes
These apple are delicious


By keeping food waste at a minimum, eating leftovers, giving our food scraps to the chickens and using up what we already had on hand to prepare a lot of budget friendly meals I was able to feed us well and remain well under budget.  At no time did we feel like we didn't have enough to eat or that we were compromising on nutrition.

 

Marked down meats
The Italian sausages were fantastic!

I still have a total of $26.07 left to rollover and add to next month's budget which will be a nice amount for us to use for our groceries for the holidays.  I'm really excited to see that throughout the year, by shopping carefully and tracking my spendind, rolling over any unused amounts each month to add to my starting total, I've managed to keep to the budget so far without going over.  Next month I will not only let you know how I do, but I will also be posting the monthly totals and show you how I did for the entire year.

 

I stocked up on a really good buy on cake mixes
More about that coming up in a future post so stay tuned

Can I make it to the finish line without going over?  We'll sure find out. 😉

 

We even snagged two FREE jars of salsa with our store rewards

1 comment:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...