Monday, November 29, 2021

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday with family and friends last week.  Our Thanksgiving Day was really nice.  Time spent together as a family with really good food, conversation and laughter.  We watched a couple shows from our home DVD collection that are a big part of our tradition and listened to music.  The girls sang and even danced.  I loved every bit of it.

 


I set the table with pieces from my past.  My grandmother's china and my great grandmothers silver.  Cloth napkins I made from fabric given to me by my mother and a lace tablecloth that was made by another great grandmother as a wedding gift for my grandmother.  It was a beautiful setting and I loved, loved, loved putting it all together.  My "new" china cabinet is definitely my treasure trove filled with my most favorite items.

 


Our holiday meal was delicious, low stress and because I had shopped the pantry and freezer to pull it all together it was very thrifty as well.  We opted for a roasted chicken dinner this year using one of the chickens I had bought last summer when they were on sale for 77¢ a pound and we had all the scrumptious trimmings and dessert.  I was able to send my oldest daughter home with plenty of leftovers and we still had plenty for our own meals the remainder of the week.

 


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and this year especially so.  I took plenty of time to step back and count my blessings.  With so much to be truly grateful for this year it was not difficult to celebrate with gusto, which is exactly what we did.

 


THINGS WE ATE LAST WEEK:  Leftovers from the week before, sausage & pepperoni pizza, NY strip steak, roasted chicken & all the trimmings.

 


THINGS I CLEANED IN 15 MINUTES OR LESS: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - Scrubbed sink & toilet, vacuumed floors, washed rug.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Kitchen & Dining Room - Disinfected sink, cleaned microwave, wiped down appliances & cleaned behind & underneath, vacuumed & mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - Vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - Two loads of laundry.  Vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & both entryways.

 


THINGS I DID TO SAVE A SMALL BUNDLE OF $$:  Shopped my pantry and stayed out of the stores.  No Black Friday shopping for us! 

How was your thrifty week?

 

2 comments:

  1. Last week, I spent more than usual. But, this week I will spend much less since there is nothing in the ads save grape tomatoes that we need. Salad bags were on sale last week, and the tomatoes this week. So, I suspect we will spend less than $5 all week. Last week, I was able to get things on sale, such as cranberries that will be for Christmas, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think last week's ads were all that great either.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...