Thursday, December 18, 2014

Corn Dog Muffins


This is definitely a recipe the kids will enjoy.  I loved them and they are so stinking simple it's crazy.  I made them for our Horse Doover night and then I made a mini version to take to my Bunco Christmas Party.  They were a hit on both occasions.

Corn Dog Muffins

Preheat your oven to 425°.  Spray a muffin pan with non stick spray.  Make up your favorite cornbread recipe.  Slice four hot dogs into thirds.  Fill your muffin pan half way with batter.  Push a piece of hot dog into the middle of each muffin.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  Serve with mustard and ketchup.


See, I told you.  Super simple.

I think we'll be making these a lot around here.

Need a really good cornbread recipe?  I've got you covered.

Cornbread

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Mix your dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.  Add eggs, milk and oil stirring just to combine.  Pour batter into a lightly oiled 8" X 8" baking pan.  Bake 20 minutes in a preheated 425° oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


For my mini muffins I sliced a couple of smoked sausages (about 1/2" slices) to put in the muffins.  They baked up perfectly in only ten minutes.  I served them with BBQ sauce, but I prefer mustard myself.  They were pretty darn yummy.


Do you think you will give these a try?



4 comments:

  1. Oh YUM! I am going to try these tomorrow! I saw these on the table of your Horse Doover night post and thought they looked really good. I didn't realize how super-easy they are to make. Thank you for sharing the recipe for these and for the cornbread! The kids are gonna go bonkers for these! Now my only dilemma is whether to make them with hot dogs or with sausage- decisions, decisions! ;)
    PS- BBQ sauce sounds good, but I am mustard person too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good. I'm thinking of making them for our next potluck at work too. I hope you all enjoy them as much as we did.

      Delete
  2. I have to tell you that I made these and they were a big hit!! We all devoured them- I did end up using hot dogs instead of sausage and we dipped them in mustard. Next time I would like to try it with sausage. Thank you again for sharing this recipe!! It's a keeper- I know I will be making these more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you guys enjoyed them. They have been a big hit for us as well. We'll be making them a lot I'm sure.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...