Monday, December 29, 2014

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

Can you believe it?  My final Thrifty Moves post of 2014!

I peeled the label off of the empty pumpkin roll scented hand soap dispenser and used Goo Gone to get the adhesive cleaned off.  I refilled it with soap and put it back on the kitchen sink to use rather than sending it off to the recycle bin.

I rendered some bacon fat and refilled my dripping jar that I keep in the refrigerator.

On Christmas Eve I made a huge salad by clearing out the crisper drawer and using up a huge variety of veggies I found in there.  There was enough salad to go with our dinner that night and again on Christmas.

On Christmas morning I collected any reusable gift bags, gift boxes, tissue paper, bubble wrap, and bows.  I put them away for next year.

I used up three egg yolks left over after baking macaroons by making a lemon curd for a cream pie for Christmas dessert.  I had a graham cracker crust in the pantry I had purchased at the dollar store a few months ago and also some leftover whipped topping in the freezer.  I had originally planned to make a pumpkin pie but the lemon really called to us.  It was delicious by the way.

I made a pint of Creamy Italian Salad Dressing and another one of 1000 Island.

The day after Christmas I watched some tutorial videos for free on Youtube so I could learn a few new crochet stitches.  It inspired me to dig out my knitting bag which is filled with odds and ends of yarn left from finished projects.  As a result I started my first Christmas gift for 2015.

I printed six online grocery coupons.

I shopped the weekly ads online and made up a new grocery list for January.  I was excited to see several items from my "Stock Up" list were in the Albertson's ad.

We watched Castle on Hulu for free.  I also watched The Blacklist after the girls went to bed.

How was your thrifty week?



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... I feel like such a flake now! lol! You GO! That's awesome and you've inspired me to try to be even more thrifty for 2015. I am already pretty thrifty... at least I think so. I do things like cut open the lotion bottle to get the last few days worth out of the bottom, wash and reuse zip lock bags, etc. but there is a lot more I could be doing.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! You do great things! Especially with your home updates. Love all the things you've been doing. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...