Friday, December 5, 2014

Gingerbread Pancakes


I looooooove gingerbread pancakes and I wanted to come up with a good recipe for them so we could enjoy them at home this holiday season.  I started with my regular pancake batter recipe and then tweaked it with a few new ingredients until I got it just right.  I'm really happy with the way they turned out.  I thought I'd share it with you.


Gingerbread Pancakes

1 c. flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. powdered ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. milk
1 egg
2 Tbs. vegetable oil or melted butter
2 Tbs. molasses
1 tsp. vanilla

In a medium sized mixing bowl combined dry ingredients with a whisk.  In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.  Add milk mixture to dry mixture and stir to combine.  Cook on a lightly oiled hot griddle or skillet.


Makes about 8 five inch pancakes.

I served these with our homemade pancake syrup and some crispy fried bacon on Thanksgiving morning.  I'm sure we'll be enjoying them for Sunday breakfast for awhile too.  Delicious!



2 comments:

  1. I bet they smell as good as they look! I have never heard of gingerbread pancakes but I am thinking it would be cool to make these as little gingerbread men. We often make "pancake people" by using one of those plastic ketchup/mustard bottles with the little spout at the top (from the dollar store) and put the pancake batter in them. Then when the griddle is ready we form the pancakes in the shape of people. How cool would it be to do that with actual gingerbread pancakes!!! Thank you for sharing this recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a cool idea. Try it and let me know how it goes. Yum!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...