Thursday, December 11, 2014

My Uber Thrifty Month In Review - November

I'm a touch late in getting this post written but it is here nonetheless.  November was a busy month for us and December has kept up with the same momentum.  I'm super pleased with how we did last month in getting things accomplished.

I was able to get all of my bills paid on time, most of them early actually, and that is always comforting.  I also managed to put away a little in the savings account and meet my monthly financial goal.  I even managed to stay within my grocery budget and stock up on quite a few things in the process.

A lamp I've been keeping my eye on in my "watch list" on eBay had a price reduction of $6.  I went ahead and ordered it for my bedroom.  It also included free shipping.  Yaaaay.

Christmas shopping was completed, with the exception of stocking stuffers, using money I had saved up all year in an envelope.  I was able to get some excellent buys and even used a few coupons to save even more making those dollars go much further.  I used gift wrap, bows and tape I already had on hand leftover from last year to wrap some of the gifts.

I made a lot of gifts using items from my craft and sewing supplies that I already had.  Remember that big bag of craft supplies I bought a couple years ago at the thrift store for a song?  I am used things that were in that and I still have a ton of stuff left.

We saved money at Thanksgiving by serving roasted chicken from our freezer instead of buying a turkey this year.  Buying a turkey would have put me over budget.  We had everything else we normally have for our dinner so we really didn't miss the turkey.

My biggest accomplishment was to work enough overtime to pay off my living room furniture in full, long before the six months was up on the no interest financing.  That left only my box spring and mattress left to pay for.  I was very excited about that.

Now I have one more month left of my uber thrifty year.  I think it will be a roaring success as well. J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...