Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Horse Doover Nite 2014

HorseDoover Nite was on Saturday and a roaring success.  The girls had been eagerly anticipating it all week long.  Easily it is one of the highlights of our Christmas season and I can't imagine not doing it.

Our tree is up, despite the fact that most of our lights flat would not work.  Weird, because the ones that work are really old and the ones that don't are new.  One set was still in the box.  But I made do with what we had that did work and our tree is every bit as beautiful as if they all were working.  Good thing because I definitely did not have any room in the budget this year for new lights.


The food is also what Horse Doover Nite is all about and this year I did not disappoint.  I used some money from last month's entertainment and dining out budget to buy a few extras to put this night together.  Along with a few items from the pantry I was able to make some really nice appetizers.

Veggies & Creamy Parmesan Dip
Corn Dog Muffins & Mustard
Summer Sausage, Assorted Cheeses & Assorted Crackers
Cream Cheese Spread & Crackers
Pickles & Olives
Peanut Butter Blossoms

The girl's grandparents joined us and brought a nice bottle of wine.  I put on Christmas music and we visited while the tree was decorated.  It was a very lovely evening.



Is your tree up yet?  What traditions do you and your family enjoy during the holidays?

6 comments:

  1. What in the world is Horse Doover night? What ever it is, it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan. Hit the link at the beginning of the post (the highlighted Horse Doover) and it will take you to the post where I first introduced it to everyone. It is a lot of fun. )

      Delete
    2. Ahh, now I understand. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely one of the coolest Christmas traditions I have ever heard of! You gals are so much fun! Your table looks wonderful and your tree is beautiful!
    We usually play Christmas music and set up the tree on Thanksgiving evening-although we did put it up earlier this year (just couldn't wait!) We also like to drive around sometimes the during Christmas week to look at Christmas lights in our town- the kids especially enjoy this when we take some cocoa and treats with us. We also like to make a gingerbread house and bake cookies as a Christmas tradition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We drive around on Christmas Eve after dinner and look at lights. We also take cocoa and cookies with us and have dessert in the car I started doing that with my son so he would calm down. Usually he'd fall asleep in the car when he was younger and I could carry him to bed. Much easier than trying to get him to just settle down and go to sleep. When he got older he insisted we continue to do it and now I do it with the girls. Now he does it with his wife & son. Pretty cool. Family traditions are one of the best parts of Christmas, I think.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...