Thursday, December 4, 2014

Our Little Powder Room



We are fortunate in our little home to have two bathrooms.  A half bath or powder room downstairs and a full bathroom upstairs.  The half bath is the one that gets used the most and the one our guests use when they come to visit.  It is also the third room I started sprucing up when we moved in because of this.  I gave myself a $50 budget to redo this room.  Not a lot, but I knew I could make that work.


Since the bathroom is also located next to my bedroom I wanted the décor to compliment the future furniture and décor in my bedroom so I chose to go with gray, the color of the faux granite countertop and a bolder warmer plum color.  I also wanted some black accents and chrome.


The light fixture is chrome and the cabinet knobs are brushed nickel.  I was able to pull both of those things together with our new soap dispenser purchased on sale for $7.99 at Fred Meyer.


The plum towels were on clearance at Walmart for $3.00.  I bought two.  Because the floor space is limited I decided to go with a super soft and thick gray contour rug I found on sale at ShopKo for $13.00.


I already had one black towel so I added a new one and two gray towels I bought on sale for $3.99 each at Fred Meyer.  I hung the two gray towels and one of the plum ones on the towel bar of the medicine cabinet.  I kept the towel bar next to the sink.  It is original to the house, one of the few things that is.  I layered a plum towel with a black towel on it.  The remaining black towel is neatly folded and sitting on the lid of the toilet tank.


The little shelves on the medicine cabinet hold some of my perfumes and trinkets I already had.


The art piece on the wall I already had and it used to be in there so I just hung it back up.  That was pretty simple.


I collected all of these things over a period of two months as I found what I wanted and they were on sale.  Finally I was able to get it finished this past weekend.  Final cost with sales tax $41.30.  I still have $8.70 left in my budget.



2 comments:

  1. I like it! You know why? Simple, clean lines, not cluttered. Much easier on our eyes and our workload. I try to do the same. Still a bit of work in progress...I think I was a over-consumer in my past life. :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my mantra. Simple, clean and easy. I think less is definitely more. Thanks for the kudos.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...