Friday, December 26, 2014

My "To Do" List For Christmas Break


There are a few things I want to be sure and accomplish while the girls are off school for the holidays.  Some of these tasks they can do while I'm at work which is a huge help to me.

Wash coats, hats, scarves & gloves
Wash backpacks and lunch boxes
Wash bedding and pillows
Finish raking the leaves before the next snowstorm
Send thank you notes for gifts
Organize and put away the gift wrapping supplies
Organize and put away the Christmas decorations
Clean the oven

Starting the new year with everything clean and tidy will help me feel like I am truly making a fresh start in 2015.

I ordered a set of quilted china storage cases and some felt pads to place between each piece.  I've always wanted a set of these and I figured no better time than the present.  After pricing out what it would cost to make my own felt pads it came out to be the same cost as the ones I purchased.  I thought these things would be more expensive than they were but I got everything I needed from Amazon for $36 with free shipping.  Now my Christmas china will be safely stored away and much more easily accessible.

I will be making and using homemade greeting cards for all of us to send out our thank yous.  I still have plenty of Christmas stamps and return address labels to use too.

How about you?  Do you have a list of things to get done before year end?



6 comments:

  1. I made a list this year so our week is productive(well my week anyways:)).
    I need to finish up some painting, bring some stuff to the landfill and get my son his social insurance number. He needs it to open a bank account. He is almost 13 but makes money babysitting my coworkers daughter at our house before and after school a few times a month. She pays him well and he needs to start banking some.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for him and for you teaching him to save. Sounds like you will have a busy schedule for sure. Have a great week as well! ;)

      Delete
  2. This morning I was making a mental list as I drank my coffee. It is similar to your- wash all bedding, help the kids write thank you notes, put away Christmas stuff and wrapping supplies, clean the kitchen, etc. I also went through my daughters room this morning and took out a bunch of toys to add to our garage sale stock. I will work on my son's room tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I would expect our lists to be very similar - ha, ha. I couldn't stand it any longer so after I finished the Christmas dinner dishes I started the clean cycle on my oven. I still have to finish wiping it out though. Good luck with all of your tasks.

      Delete
  3. Gosh - I thought writing thank you notes was history for most folks! So pleased to hear someone else still does this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely should not be a lost art. So important to be gracious I think.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...