Friday, December 12, 2014

The Toilet Phone

The Saturday before last I was busy cleaning the bathroom.  I finished cleaning the toilet and promptly dropped my cell phone in it.  Right into the bowl of Comet cleanser water.  It died instantly.  I grabbed it up and hurried to pull it apart and dry it.  I even put it in a bag of rice but it didn't help.  Dang it.

I began to shop for a replacement and I found an affordable phone option, only $19.99 with free shipping, but it was out of stock for a couple of days so I decided to wait.  The next day I got an email that it would be a couple more days.  Bummer.

Since it was Cyber Monday I got online to see what my next best option was and I am really glad I did.  Although the backordered if phone was a great buy I found another option for even less.  $9.99 with free shipping and it was in stock.  When I checked out I was able to use some rewards points from an old credit card I rarely use and saved even more.  Final price on my phone came in at $5.28.

So while I didn't do any Black Friday shopping this year I did do a little Cyber Monday shopping.  My phone arrived that Thursday and I was back in business in less than an hour.  Can I confess something?

I really enjoyed the peace and quiet of no phone for those five days.


4 comments:

  1. Who is the provider for the long distance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a tracfone. Super cheap way to go. I average about $25 a month for service for all three of us. Can't beat it.

      Delete
  2. Oh my! I laughed at your heading- the toilet phone. :) I imagine it was a bummer when that happened, but what a GREAT deal on the phone you bought!! Good job!
    And I totally get the 'enjoying the peace and quiet' part. When we went camping we were in an area where we didn't get any service and our phone didn't ring for 4 whole days- it was the most relaxing 4 days we ever spent as a family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, bummer. No pun intended. What a crappy thing to have happen. LOL. The new one is really nice but I definitely knew it when the service kicked on. It rang off the hook!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...