Thursday, April 30, 2015

KIS - Organization - Cleaning Supplies


Another area where one can over accumulate stuff is cleaning supplies.  I've done it on many an occasion.  Over the years I've manage to streamline the items I need to keep my home neat and tidy without overdoing it.

This is what I keep:

Sink cleanser
Furniture polish
Fabulosa all-purpose cleaner
White distilled vinegar
Bleach
Spot Shot carpet stain remover
Sprayway window cleaner
Mean Green cleaner & degreaser
Magic Erasers


That is pretty much it.  I use the Fabulosa diluted in a spray bottle for everyday cleaning.  I pour a little into a bucket of warm water for big cleaning jobs.  It also makes a nice carpet cleaner and deodorizer.  I buy it at the dollar store and Walmart has it too in larger bottles.  I find a small bottle lasts a very long time.


Vinegar makes a great rinse aid when shampooing carpets.  I also dilute it in a bucket of water to wash windows.  I prefer Sprayway window cleaner for mirrors and inside my car windshield because it cleans extremely well and leaves no streaking.  I also use in on my windows.

Sink cleanser for sinks, tubs and toilets.  Bleach for stain removal.  Spot Shot is one of the best stain removers and I use it on carpet, upholstery and clothing with hard to remove stains.  Mean Green is a fantastic degreaser and I use it mostly for keeping my stove and the surrounding area clean and grease free.


I use an assortment of rags instead of expensive paper towels.  I personally think rags do a much better job than paper towels anyway.  Magic Erasers are great for removing dirt from surfaces, especially the handles on my refrigerator.

Because I don't have a lot of supplies I keep them all organized neatly under my kitchen sink in an old tote I've had forever.  My bucket serves double duty as my kitchen trash can.


For convenience I keep an extra can of sink cleanser and a scrub sponge under the bathroom sink in the main bathroom.

I don't use a broom inside preferring the vacuum cleaner instead.  It resides in the hall closet in a space reserved specifically.  I keep my rags together in a red enamel bowl on display in my laundry room.  Decorative and functional.

What is your favorite household cleaner?


5 comments:

  1. Barkeepers Friend has to be my all time favorite cleaner. I use this non-abrasive powder to scrub my clawfoot tub, pedestal sink and kitchen sink. It cleans, brightens and whitens with out scratching the porcelain finish. Another favorite oldie but goodie is Spic & Span. I remembered my Grandmother and Mom using this so I decided to try it. It is THE BEST for cutting grease, getting dirt off painted items without damaging the finish and you can use it in the wash. I buy the liquid concentrate so I can control the strength I need.
    Thank you for letting me share my cleaning favorites even thought cleaning is not a favorite.
    Vanessa B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vinegar is the best cleaner! It's cheap and chemical free, so I don't have to be worried for my children and cats when I use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly relate to your post. I too got rid of a ton of toxic cleaners from under the sink and now use vinegar for everything. I have about the same amount of items under there as you, and each day I am finding a new use for vinegar than I could have ever imagined. It really is a miracle solution.

    Jacob @ Arkansas Bag & Equipment Co.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...