Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Favorite Recipes


I have posted over a hundred recipes on this blog but there are a handful of my go-to favorites I wanted to share again.  Simple budget stretching recipes that don't taste like you are on a budget.

First up:





Five ingredients to a quick and easy weeknight meal.





Italian spiced sausage and seasoned diced tomatoes makes this soup absolutely delicious.






Diced chicken, zesty seasonings, peppers, onions and black beans make for a mouthwatering taco filling.






This is my favorite cake for making strawberry shortcake.  Lightly sweet and holds up very well to juicy strawberry topping.






Last but certainly not least is my whole wheat bread that I make almost every week.  Quickly toss ingredients into the bread machine to mix up dough before shaping.  Let rise about an hour, bake for twenty minutes and you are good to go.  The aroma of fresh baked bread can't be beat.



Need some more recipes?  Click on Recipes label on the right for a complete listing of all the recipes I've shared.  And look forward to many more to come.


4 comments:

  1. I have tried your hot chocolate mix recipe twice and I love it with marshmallows. The second time I put the mix in the blender to make it a fine powder and it mixed up better for me in the cup. I think the next batch I will try French Vanilla dairy creamer instead of the plain. Thanks for sharing the recipes, I have tried several and so far they have all been great.
    Paula in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, the french vanilla creamer would be really good I'll bet. I'll probably steal your idea and do that next time I make a batch. :)

      Thanks Paula!

      Delete
  2. Love your picture of the Pyrex bowls. Brings back many memories of my mom and Grandma! I'm going to try your Mac & Cheese receipe - maybe I can get the family away from the box kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have all kinds of Pyrex, but not those. I like them.

      My kids won't eat the box mac & cheese now. They think it tastes "weird". I'm okay with that - ha, ha.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...