Friday, April 3, 2015

Easter


How do you celebrate Easter?  Is it a grand affair similar to Christmas or a more simple event?  No surprise, I'm sure, but at our house we keep it fairly simple.

Similar to Christmas, I do like to send out a few greeting cards to loved ones that live far away.  We dye eggs the day before and they are hidden after the girls go to bed so they can hunt for them in the morning.


I put a few items together in a basket for each one of my girls and I try to keep the overall cost under $15.  I watch sales and collect items ahead of time to avoid last minute shopping and this year I made them a few handmade items too.  I like the things to be useful such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, hair ribbons or elastics, socks, shower gel, lotion or lip gloss.


The big thing for Easter Sunday is to prepare a nice family meal and a delicious springtime dessert like a Jello poke cake or a fluff pie.  This year I am going more traditional with a ham, potato salad using some of our dyed eggs and homemade dinner rolls.  Deviled eggs are on the menu as well.  We love those.

How do you enjoy the holiday?

You may also enjoy revisiting Easter Baskets and Easter Egg Dye.


8 comments:

  1. We go to the in-laws on Easter. They always have a cookout for Easter/my brother-in-laws birthday and the kids hunt eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go to church then eat as an extended family, this year at Mom's. It is not an extravagant meal, and since Mom set the menu this year it will be casserole heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic with the bunny and the chick is so cute! :)
    We try to keep things simple here too. I do put together an Easter basket for the kiddos- I try to keep them at about $20 at the most. This year I had a few little handmade things as well as a few dollar store things (toothbrushes, hand soap, etc.) in each basket. I also picked up some packages of Mega M&M's at the grocery outlet so I will put those in there too. I usually cook a nice meal for us and we just hang out around the house and enjoy having the day to just chill and not do much. Tomorrow we will color the eggs and when the kids wake up on Sunday they will be hidden around the living room. When they are done finding all of the eggs they will get their Easter baskets and then they ask me to hide the eggs again and again. Then the kids like to hide the eggs so I can find them, so we do that a few times too. All in all it's a pretty laid back kind of day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Easter sounds a lot like ours. No sales on eggs this year. Darn! But I bought some anyway and the girls will be dying and decorating them tomorrow. Happy Easter to all of you!

      Delete
  4. I will be hosting Easter at my house this year. I'm providing the ham (Cure 81 ham for $1.98 lb. My thrifty score for the week!!!!!) My siblings and their families will bring dishes to pass. I'm hoping the weather will stay nice so the kiddos can play outside and we can eat on the patio.
    Happy Easter to you and the girls.
    Vanessa B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your day sounds nice and I'm sure it will be. Happy Easter to you and The Little One.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...