Wednesday, April 1, 2015

30 Things In 30 Days - April


Last month we did really well with our list and even though we are on an uber thrifty debt elimination kick we did manage to do a couple fun things that didn't cost a lot and several things that really didn't cost anything.

This is what I have planned for this month:

1.          Count my blessings
2.         Bake bread and dinner rolls
3.         Send Easter greeting cards
4.         Family Game Nite!
5.         Invite guests over for a visit
6.         Make a gift
7.         Sew or craft something
8.         Make a monthly meal plan for May
9.         Go to the $$ Store
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Read a book or write
12.        Family Movie Nite!
13.        Thoroughly spring clean the downstairs bathroom
14.        Family outing
15.        Investment cooking
16.        Repurpose/recycle something
17.        Shop for blueberry bushes and raspberry plants
18.       Build trellises for garden boxes
19.       Dye Easter eggs with the girls with homemade dye
20.       Bake something and share it
21.        Update the old ramp for chicken coop
22.       Update kitchen light fixtures
23.       Buy and plant strawberry starts
24.       Make new curtains for my daughter's bedroom
25.       Prune the pear and plum trees
26.       Family Nite Out!
27.       List something to sell on eBay, Etsy or Craigslist
28.       Work on new inventory for Etsy store
29.       Spray paint flower pots
30.       Take some time for myself

Beer bottles washed and clean
This how I did last month:

1.          Count my blessings I've spent quite a bit of time feeling extremely grateful and blessed
2.         Bake bread
3.         Send a card or letter to someone
4.         Family Game Nite!  We opted for a second Movie Nite and watched The Sandlot.
5.         Invite a friend over for dinner
6.         Make a gift
7.         Sew or craft something
8.         Make a monthly meal plan for April
9.         Go to the $$ Store We were on the lookout for garden and Easter stuff
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Read a book or write Re-read The Essential Urban Farmer
12.        Family Movie Nite!
13.        Thoroughly clean the refrigerator & stove - inside & out & under, didn't get the stove done as much as I would've liked.
14.       Family outing
15.        Investment cooking - refried beans and maybe some chili  Ham & bean soup
16.       Repurpose/recycle something milk jug, 6 Snapple bottles, 3 file folder boxes and a candle jar.
17.        Install new electrical outlet  I keep procrastinating. L
18.       Clean up the backyard
19.       Brew a batch of beer Finally!
20.       Bake something and share it Twice! I shared some Death By Chocolate Cookies with my girlfriend (hard to believe I'd part with any of them, huh?) and pumpkin bars with my next door neighbor and my co-workers.
21.        Clean out the flower beds and the garden
22.       Update Christmas card list Finally!
23.       Start some seeds for the garden areas
24.       Start planning my Christmas gift list Some great ideas will make for some happy people on my gift list. J
25.       Prune the apple tree
26.       Family Nite Out!
27.       List something to sell on eBay, Etsy or Craigslist
28.       Clean, completely redo and organize the garage storage area
29.       Clean the chicken coop and make any necessary repairs
30.       Get new peeps!!! Round 2!
  
Happy boy!  Favorite place to snooze - my lap.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you always start your lists with "Count My Blessings!" :)
    I smiled because my to-do list contains many of the same things- one of which being, 'make curtains for my daughter's bedroom' -lol. You did awesome with your list from last month! After reading April's list it sounds like you have a really fun month ahead of you!
    Love your kitty picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. I sure hope I get those curtains done. She has been so patiently waiting. My kitty is one big boy, not fat, just big and such a lover. So sweet.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...