Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Black Bean Burgers


Finally, I'm getting this recipe posted.  Sorry it has taken me so long to get it on here.  I know you have all been patiently waiting.

1 cup black beans, rinsed and cooked until soft
1/2 small onion
1 carrot
1 stalk celery
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 red or orange bell pepper
1 cup mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
Olive oil, for frying



In a large bowl mash the black beans.  Pulse the vegetables and garlic in a food processor to finely chop.  Add to the beans.  Add the egg and bread crumbs plus salt and pepper.  Thoroughly combine.  



Form patties and fry in a preheated and well oiled skillet until they begin to brown and heat through.  



Serve on warm hamburger buns with condiments, cheese, tomato and onion slices , pickle and lettuce leaves.  Serves 6.


You can't really grill these unless you do it on top of a sheet of foil.  They look like burgers and hold together pretty well.  They are really tasty too.  Nice meatless alternative, I think.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe. I used to order a great black bean burger at a favorite restaurant and then they changed the recipe (loaded it with beets) - not good! This recipe looks like a good basic burger and now that I rarely go out to eat I can make them as often as I want. :)

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd like one with beets in it either. I hope this one meets your expectations Mimi. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. They are really pretty and I know are good for you, but I have tried them twice and no one here likes them. I can make black bean soup or beans and rice and they love them, but revolt at a burger that is vegan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know for us we had to change our approach and not think of it the same as a hamburger, because it isn't. We had to look at it as truly a black bean burger and then we decided it was pretty darn good. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...