Monday, May 22, 2017

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


My Mother's Day was delightful and I hope all of you mothers out there enjoyed a very special day as well.  Much to no one's great surprised I spent the majority of my day doing some small Laverne projects.  Mostly I cleaned out and spruced up the outside storage areas.  I also revamped our chicken feeder.  I'll share more about what I did to it tomorrow.  I think it deserves its own post.

Tuesday evening we had a tremendous storm come through.  Thunder, lightning, wind and hail followed by a torrential downpour that thoroughly soaked everything.  It was incredible and it left an incredible mess for us to clean up the next day.  The temperatures dropped that night and when I went out to go to work the next morning everything was coated in a layer of ice.  It has been a super crazy winter and spring for us weatherwise this year.


We worked on eating from our freezers and pantry quite a bit throughout the week.  I did stop into Albertsons to take advantage of some loss leader items that were very well priced.  I also found some turkey sausage on markdown.  I think the sausage filled in the spaces I made in the freezer so not much progress made there - ha, ha.

Friday I left work early to take my youngest to an orthodontic appointment.  We got home shortly after 3:00 and started throwing some stuff together, grabbed food out of the house and climbed into Laverne for a quick weekend getaway.  I'll be posting more about our little trip later in the week.


I received my free energy savings kit from the power company.  It was full of light bulbs and lots of other fun goodies to try out.  I am really glad my coworker told me about it so I could order it.

I used a digital coupon worth $5 OFF a $25 purchase when I did my shopping at Albertsons.

I rinsed out the laundry detergent bottle and had enough soap to wash an extra load of clothes.

I shopped the house to fill up the pantry and refrigerator in the motorhome.


I used my Fred Meyer rewards points to save me 10¢ a gallon and fueled up the motorhome.

We gave the chickens our kitchen scraps and some stale bread.  They gave us plenty of delicious eggs for us to enjoy throughout the week.

Not much more to report.  How was your thrifty week?



8 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your blog and am glad to see you have a little getaway with laverne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just have to get away and breathe. It was wonderful. :)

      Delete
  2. So fun and so important that you do this when the girls can really remember it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time and we are looking forward to our next adventure already!

      Delete
  3. I'm really impressed with that savings kit you got from the electric company. We got a few things last month but nowhere near what you did. I can't wait to hear about your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it either. That is a lot of light bulbs!

      Delete
  4. Hope you and the girls have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...