Friday, May 5, 2017

Goals For May


April went by in an instance and most of it was cold, wet, rainy and even snowy.  We did manage, however, to work a few things in between rain and snowstorms but it was tricky.

This is what I have planned for this month:

1.          Make or purchase a gift for someone
2.         Send a card or letter to someone
3.         Family Nite Out or Outing
4.         Be creative - sew or craft something
5.         Do some investment cooking
6.         Go on a hike
7.         Learn to do something new
8.         Take my children out for a thrifty date
9.         Spring clean the kitchen pantry
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Go through and organize camping equipment
12.        Enjoy a Family Movie Nite or a Family Game Nite!
13.        Refinish motorhome cabinetry
14.       Clean garage
15.        Invite guests over for dessert, appetizers or a meal


While most of these seem a bit repetitive, and they are, they also help me stay the course and get the things done that need to be done around here.  They also help me not to forget to have fun.  Having fun is a pretty important part of life, if you ask me.

Painting

This is how I did last month:

1.          Make or purchase a gift for someone
2.         Send a card or letter to someone I did both
3.         Family Nite Out or Outing
4.         Be creative - sew or craft something
5.         Do some investment cooking
6.         Continue walking outdoors - three times a week rain, rain and more rain
7.         Learn to do something new
8.         Take my children out for a thrifty date
9.         Spring clean the chicken coop
10.       Try a new recipe
11.        Prune fruit trees rain, rain and more rain
12.        Enjoy a Family Movie Nite or a Family Game Nite!
13.        Complete a small home improvement project gutters cleaned!
14.       Complete a retirement house project
15.        Invite guests over for dessert, appetizers or a meal

Me and my rattle cans!

Not a bad finish to April really.  Now I'm looking forward to May.  I have a lot of plans so we'll see what happens and how much I actually accomplish.  How about you?  What is on your list for May?  And how was your April?



2 comments:

  1. Here's my April:

    1. Clear away brush, old weeds from backyard flowerbed. Sort of -- more to go.
    2. Plant another bed with greens and peas. (I've already done one.) Snow kept this from happening.
    3. Paint a room. Nope. I hope to do it this week, though.
    4. Finish and file taxes. (Filed for an extension, instead.)
    5. Clear off breakfast bar and another table -- trash, file or donate. DONE
    6. Make a cake. DONE (pound cake, for us and our neighbors who lost their mom)
    7. Clear out office, so I can work in it. Nope.
    8. Donate 5-10 bags of STUFF. DONE -- more than once.
    9. Get rid of clothes that don't fit anymore. Some of this done -- more to go.
    10. Sell at least one item on Craigslist. Nope -- though I did sell a few items on Amazon.

    As for May -- the focus will be on getting our house ready for sale and somehow keeping up with work that comes in, too. Lots of stuff, but I think we can make progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did really well Cindy. Getting your house ready to sell will be a great goal to cross off your list. Let me know how it goes. :0)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...