Friday, May 12, 2017

I Just Can't Leave Well Enough Alone - Part II


I'm back to wrap up the bathroom upgrade!  I hope it was worth the wait.  Next up:

Medicine Cabinet

The medicine cabinet was a rusty mess.  I removed the mirror and then sanded and scrubbed it clean.  Next I gave it several coats of white gloss spray paint.  It covered fairly nicely, but I had to resign myself to the fact that it is old and therefore it isn't going to be perfect (sigh).



While the paint dried I gave the mirror frame a once over with Restore-A-Finish and brought it back to life.  I left everything to dry well and moved on to other projects before reassembling everything and then reinstalling it back onto the wall.

More squats


Not even the same medicine cabinet


I really love how nice the medicine cabinet turned out, but more importantly I won't be scared to put my toothbrush in there now.

Shower Head

The previous owners had replaced the shower faucet but not the shower head itself which was the original one.  I decided to go ahead and splurge on an Oxygenics RV Shower Head after reading rave reviews about it.  Anything that can help me get clean while conserving water and prolong an already short shower sounded really good to me.



I went ahead and got the plastic version as opposed to the heavier and more expensive chrome fixture.  I don't want to add additional weight and for me it wasn't really worth the extra $20 expense.  I'll put that money to good use on something else.

Shower Curtain

I picked up this vinyl shower curtain at Fred Meyer.  It was regularly $19.99, but I got it on sale for $13.99.  I also picked up a package of binder rings instead of getting new shower curtain rings.  They are quite a bit smaller and this way the curtain won't hang down so much.  Every little bit of space counts in this tiny bathroom.


The design of the curtain is such that it will provide adequate privacy over the window so I won't need to replace the curtain.  I think that is great since it is a wet bath and eliminating anything that could potentially corrode or rust, like a curtain rod, is a very good thing.

Final Touches

An aqua rug on the floor when the shower is not in use looks nice and will keep bare feet off of a cold surface.  Mainly mine!  It can then be pulled out and set outside the door when showering so wet feet have a place to land when stepping out of the bathroom afterward.




I installed a new magnet catch on the medicine cabinet so it won't fly open and spill stuff all over the place while I'm driving down the road.  I also cut up some shelf liner scraps (leftover from a whole other project I've been working on) to cover the little shelves.  Then, of course I had to fill it up with crap.  It's all good crap though.



One of the jars of soap made it way out here as well as some of my freebie and coupon thrifted shower gel and lotion from Bath & Body Works.

So there you go.  After a week of planning, measuring and acquiring all of my supplies, mostly from Amazon and the rest from Home Depot, I spent a good solid three days working to get it all done.  I'm absolutely thrilled with the results and I don't think I've ever had so many people coming over to look at my bathroom before! 😁
  


20 comments:

  1. looks wonderful...you and the girls make a great team...on everything...you should be so proud of yourself and them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelley. I must admit I'm very proud of my girls and I truly love how well we work together. :0)

      Delete
  2. It looks really good. You should be very proud of yourself. I wish I was half as good as you at DIY but alas I'm not! Mind you I very rarely try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love DIY projects. It's a lot more fun when you choose to do them rather than have to do them, however.

      Delete
  3. Your bathroom looks brand new!! Great job!! What fun you and Laverne will have together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really looking good. All those fun little projects will be so worth it when you have Laverne looking like you want. We have been having fun fixing up our little vintage camper but it is a lot of work. Paula in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of work, isn't it? But very satisfying. I'd love to see pictures of your camper sometime.

      Delete
  5. Well done it looks lovely. We put an extra shower rail across the centre of our caravan bathroom, just the place to hang wet coats etc to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANTASTIC job! Those stick on subway tiles are an absolute triumph. What fun! and so inspiring.....xxx Rose (UK)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose! They were really easy to work with and I think they look great.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful job, now you can come redo my bathroom when you travel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I've never done it, I can't think of anything I'd like better than to fix up an older camper and then take it out on the road on adventures. Thank you for sharing your camper's bathroom renovation with the rest of us! I have thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that. I had so much fun with this project. I really did. :)

      Delete
  9. New reader here. I too had an all in one camper bathroom. My advice, always use the campground shower and you can come back and "get ready" in yours. I was constantly cleaning mine and could never get it dry enough for my satisfaction. Your remodel looks so nice. I am really enjoying everything on your site!!! Lynne F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne. I agree. We'll probably use the park showers (honestly, I don't want to mess it up), but it will be nice to have if we need it. I'm also thinking about adding an outdoor shower as well.

      Delete
  10. Looks great.. The medicine cabinet is amazing how well it turned out.. Great job..

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...