Friday, May 19, 2017

What We've Been Eating Lately - #3



I thought I'd share with you some of what we have been eating lately as it has been about a month.  Most of what we have been eating is homemade from scratch.  We had a few days when the girls and I indulged in some highly processed pre-prepared frozen foods like pizza, corn dogs, fish sticks and chicken nuggets.  I had turned some of the cooking and menu planning over to them along with a little cash from our dining out budget to use one weekend while I worked on the new motorhome, but they soon discovered it wasn't all that tasty.  Much to my surprise they made homemade macaroni and cheese and spaghetti that weekend too.  I am glad all my encouragement to eat healthy all these years didn't completely fly out the window in just one weekend.

On to the food!  The real food.

Whole wheat cheese quesadilla, salsa, sour cream and avocado


Egg & cheese sandwich

Fish sandwich

Pasta with meat sauce

Lots of fresh salads
Lots of delicious veggies



Lots of fresh fruit
Cheddar & vegetarian chili filled omelet topped with salsa

Lots of reheated leftovers from our freezer
Vegetable lasagna in the foil plus shredded pork, soup and chicken verde


Scrambled eggs, muffins, fruit salad 

Cereal & a sliced banana

Beef tips & gravy, sauteed green beans

So not too bad, despite all of the school activities and projects we had going on around here.



4 comments:

  1. It all looks so good. I really need to work on us eating out less. You've made me hungry now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ate a lot of breakfast for dinner in the last month. So good!

      Delete
  2. Your food looks great. My daughter and her baby came in for a two week surprise visit. We have eaten fast food everyday for lunch!!! Yuk! I'm ready to get back to real food again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do well with a steady diet of fast food either. Sometimes just one meal won't sit well with me. You just can't beat real food. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...